In 2008, BIBB complied with the German Commission on the Improvement of the Informational Infrastructure by founding a Research data centre to provide researchers with standardised access to BIBB-data. The BIBB-FDZ forms part of the data infrastructure of the German Council for Social and Economic Data (RatSWD ) and operates in alignment with the Council's criteria. The BIBB-FDZ offers several services for researchers:
- Standard access to well prepared firm- and individual-level data on the attainment and utilisation of vocational education and training
- Documentation of these data sets, i.e. a description of their central characteristics, main issues and variables, data collection, anonymisation, weighting and recoding etc.
- Advisory service on data choice, data access and handling, research potential and scope and validity of the data.
- Supply of a range of data tools such as standard measures and classifications in the fields of education, occupations, industries and regions (if possible also including cross-national fields), formally anonymous data for remote data access, or references to publications with the data.
- Assistance and support for visiting researchers at BIBB-FDZ in Bonn.
Please find a short description of our services and data in the English flyer.
Our main activities include the documentation and preparation of German language BIBB data sets. Some English language information and documents are available on the English version of our website. If you are interested in analysing BIBB data, please do not hesitate to send your request directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.