Event managers are socially competent and communicative. They work in a customer- and project-oriented team and make commercial decisions. Their activities require a service mentality, creativity and a talent for improvization.
The tasks of event managers are primarily in marketing and communications.
- observe market activities and draw up marketing concepts,
- inform, advise and take care of customers,
- take part in the development of concepts for events and performances customized to a target group,
- present concepts and results,
- make cost estimates and evaluate risks associated with events and performances,
- draw up operational and management plans and realize them,
- cooperate e.g. with artists, architects, designers, technicians, producers and agents,
- integrate technical event requirements and conditions,
- observe legal provisions governing events,
- use information and communications systems,
- design and coordinate processes of organization and administration,
- process commercial business operations and carry out calculations,
- take part in cost and profit planning,
- apply work planning and control methods,
- process human resources operations,
- work in an international setting and speak foreign languages.