Academic researchers working in the education and training research sector are able to complete research stays at the BIBB of between 14 days to a year.
Federal Institute for Vocational Education and Training (BIBB) is recognised nationally and internationally as a centre of excellence for research and further development of initial and continuing vocational education and training. The Federal Government’s education and training policy forms the statutory basis for the work of the institute.
Guests researchers are expected to collaborate as far as possible with researchers from the institute and to publish jointly. The BIBB provides guest academic researchers with access to important players in German and international vocational education and training, as well as to the internal library, the data research centre and to other databases. A fully equipped workplace will be provided.
Please send us the following documentation if you are planning a research stay at the BIBB:
- Cover letter stating the planned period of the stay
- Project proposal with justification and description of approach as well as an outline of the anticipated results
- Letter of intent of your organisation
- Detailed CV
- List of publications (with two chosen examples, if possible)
- Qualification certificates (usually master's, or Phd certificate, if applicable)
- For international academic researchers: Evidence of good language skills in German and / or English (level B2 of the European Framework of Reference for Languages)
- Declaration regarding financial support.
Please send your request to:
Bundesinstitut für Berufsbildung
Robert Schuman Platz 3
Contact: Dr. Sandra Liebscher