The Research Council advises both of BIBB's executive bodies - the Board and the president - by issuing written opinions on and recommendations for BIBB's research work, particularly with respect to its research programmes, BIBB's collaboration with institutions of higher education and other research institutes, and regarding the annual reports on the results of research that BIBB conducts (Section 94 of the Vocational Training Act).
The Research Council assesses the scientific quality of research projects and the scientific soundness of BIBB's research programmes. The Research Council is comprised of seven recognized experts in the field of vocational training research from Germany and abroad.
Section 94 Research Council
(1) The Research Council shall advise the organs of the Federal Institute for Vocational Education and Training by means of opinions and recommendations in respect of
(2) The Council shall receive all information necessary for the execution of its tasks from the President of the Federal Institute for Vocational Education and Training. Upon request the Council shall be informed in detail of the research work of the Federal Institute for Vocational Education and Training within the framework of an annual conference.
(3) The Council shall consist of up to seven recognized specialists in the area of vocational training research from Germany and abroad who are not staff of the Federal Institute for Vocational Education and Training. They shall be appointed by the President of the Federal Institute for Vocational Education and Training in agreement with the Federal Ministry of Education and Research for a period of four years. One successive reappointment shall be possible. Four members of the Board, namely one representative each of the employers, the employees, the Länder and the Federation, may participate in the meetings of the Research Council without voting rights.
(4) The Research Council may adopt its own rules of procedure.
(5) Section 92 subsection (6) shall apply, mutatis mutandis.
|Prof. Dr. Lutz Bellmann||University of Erlangen-Nuremberg|
|Prof. Dr. Detlef Buschfeld||University of Cologne|
|Prof. Dr. Kai Maatz||German Institute for International Educational Research, Berlin|
|Prof. Dr. Reinhold Nickolaus||University of Stuttgart|
|Prof. Dr. Cornelia Oertle||Swiss Federal Institute for Vocational Education and Training, Zollikofen (Swiss)|
|Prof. Dr. Sabine Pfeiffer||University of Hohenheim|
|Prof. Dr. Petra Stanat||Institute for Educational Quality Improvement at Humboldt University Berlin|
|Dr. Volker Born||Employers|
|Dr. Alexandra Bläsche||Länder (state governments)|
|Thomas Sondermann||Federal government|
User data is collected from you whenever you visit this site. To find out how the Federal Institute for Vocational Education and Training (BIBB) handles your data and the purpose of processing your data please refer to our statement on data protection.