Cooperation with Austrian partner institution öibf
The Austrian Institute for Research on Vocational Training (öibf) and BIBB have been working together on the basis of a cooperation agreement since as long ago as 2008. Regular contact seminars are jointly staged together with a further partner institute in Switzerland.
The öibf and BIBB signed a cooperation agreement in January 2008, in which the parties arranged to work together in the field of vocational education and training research and development. The joint objective is to foster VET research via mutual support, collaboration and networking.
The details of the agreement reached were as follows.
- To keep the other party informed of research programmes and results
- To work together in research and development projects
- To send each other copies of regular publications
- To strive to achieve an exchange of academic researchers between the two institutes
The main thematic focuses of the cooperation agreement are as follows.
- Costs and benefits of initial and continuing vocational education and training
- Transitions to training and employment
- Communication/coordination between full-time school and the dual system
- Implementation of the EQF and of ECVET
- Restructuring in connection with the Bologna Process (BA/MA) and impacts on the dual system
- Vocational education and training for persons from a migrant background
- Training of teaching staff in schools and companies
The öibf has taken part in regulatory workshops organised by BIBB. One such regulatory workshop took place in Belgrade in 2010, whereas a second was held in Podgorica in 2011. These workshops facilitated the establishment of a network of academic researchers and VET practitioners across Southern Europe comprising several vocational education and training institutions from the countries of Serbia, Montenegro, Slovenia, Romania, Hungary, Germany and Austria.