Cooperation with the South Korean partner institution
A cooperation agreement between the South Korea Research Institute for Vocational Education and Training (KRIVET) and the Federal Institute for Vocational Education and Training (BIBB) has been in place since September 2000. In March 2018, this arrangement was extended for a further three years until 2021.
Specialist dialogue on current educational policy topics will be a further focus of cooperation alongside vocational education and training research. The former will encompass mutual research visits, collaboration between the two organisations on international activities such as conferences, seminars and workshops and joint publications.
Digital transformation of the world of work
The digital transformation of the world of work is being investigated in a project entitled “Occupational tasks and requirements in international comparative terms – analyses of national and international datasets” (2018–2021), which is looking at tasks and workplaces on the basis of employee data.
Dual training as a company strategy for securing a supply of skilled workers
Between 2016 and 2017, BIBB and KRIVET cooperated on the international comparative study “Dual training as a company strategy to secure a supply of skilled workers – case studies on motivation and organisation in internationally comparative terms”.
Patterns of company recruitment and induction processes
From 2012 to 2015, BIBB and KREVET worked together on BIBB’s research project “Patterns of company recruitment and induction processes in selected European countries – INDUCT”.
Participation in conferences
- HRD Korea and KRIVET Conference: How do we change our apprenticeships for dealing with Industry 4.0? in Seoul, including the paper “Digitalization – Trends and Challenges in Dual VET in Germany” (2017)
- KRIVET 20th Anniversary Conference: The Future of Work and TVET, featuring a paper given by BIBB President Professor Esser entitled: “Two sides to every coin: the opportunities and challenges of digitalization” (2017)
- KRIVET was represented at BIBB’s Regional Asia-Pacific Partner Meeting in Nanjing/China in the autumn of 2016 and 2017. (2017)
- HRD Korea and KRIVET Conference: Why do governments promote apprenticeship? in Seoul, with papers relating to the current situation of dual vocational education and training in Germany and empirical cost-benefits studies (2016)
- Annual Conference of the South Korea Human Development Service in Seoul, including the paper “German Hidden Champions – Concept, Preconditions and Strategies” (2015)
- Global KRIVET HR Forum staged in Seoul by the Ministry of Education and the daily newspaper Korea Daily and including the paper “Vocational Education and Training in the aftermath of German Reunification: Transformation Process and Lessons Learned” (2015)
- KRIVET Conference: Enhancing the Link between Skills Development and Youth Employment Policies in Seoul, including the paper: “Vocational education and training and youth employment – Some experiences from Germany” (2014)
- KRIVET Conference: Apprenticeship: Innovative Approach for Youth Employment and Skills Development” in Seoul, including the paper “Quality of Apprenticeship in Germany” (2014).